1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Jaeger label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ystranc, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ystranc

Ystranc Registered Guest

This label might fall outside the remit of this forum because I believe it dates from the time before Jaeger became a fashion brand.
    At one time Jaeger was the premier producer of outdoors equipment and this label is on the corner of a wool and camel hair mix early sleeping bag. My question to the forum is about the date of this label, I haven't found any other images of anything like it online and I would love to learn some more of this item's history.

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Wow sounds very intriguing Ystranc! Can you show photos of the complete item please? (and I sure hope they lined their sleeping bags!)

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/jaeger/

I did have an even earlier label which is in our label section on Jaeger, mine was on a blanket, it shows up as the 1st entry there.

Yours is very interesting it would be a good one to add to our label section. It looks 1920s to me but it's difficult to say for certain.

4. Ystranc

Ystranc Registered Guest

The sleeping bag is unlined, it consists of three layers of camel/wool mixed fibres. It is woven in a similar way to Melton. The sleeping bag has an opening that extends a third of the way down its edge which is closed by three vegetable ivory buttons.

Attached Files:

JennieRage likes this.
  5. Suzie

Suzie Registered Guest

JennieRage and Retro Ruth like this.
  6. Suzie

Suzie Registered Guest

7. Suzie

Suzie Registered Guest

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

...and THIS YouTube video shows a sleeping bag with a label very similar to yours, which the narrator dates to about 1901.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023