1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Saint Laurent label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Annabel Lee, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Annabel Lee

Annabel Lee Registered Guest

Hello!

I just bought this gorgeous Saint Laurent Rive Gauche cape and I'm so excited to receive it!

I've been doing some research on this label (which is not in the label resource) and so far all signs point to it being late 60s / early 70s. But I would love to have your opinion.

The first two images are the original seller's and the third is an image I found online. I found another cape in this style with the same label on ebay and the seller says it's from the 60s.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Screenshot_20201222-134523__01.jpg Screenshot_20201222-134102__01.jpg Screenshot_20201221-230338__01.jpg

denisebrain likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Lovely cape, it would be great to add the first label to our resource. We have the others you have shown but not the one with the made in France underneath. I would agree with 1960s.

denisebrain likes this.
  3. I see very late '60s to very early '70s with that colour and smart styling.

4. Annabel Lee

Thank you for the replies.

I found a photo of Catherine Deneuve wearing this cape!

And here's a better photo of the label if you would like to add it to the resource.

Many thanks!

tumblr_pmth2irrHD1swst7t_1280.jpg IMG_20201223_122627__01.jpg

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Where is the photo from? Curious, was the cape specifically identified?

6. Annabel Lee

Nope! Just my conclusion from deep research. I can't be 100% sure of course, but after hours upon hours of digging, this is the only example I could find. The photo was taken by François Gagnon for Paris Match October 1970.

7. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

I have added your label to the LR, thanks so much!

Retro Ruth likes this.