1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

East West Musical Instruments Leather Jacket....need help, please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by gaildavid, Sep 3, 2006.

1. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi everyone....I do not usually come across leather jackets with great labels but I could not resist this East West jacket yesterday at a local sale. I believe it is from the 70's....Any idea?

[​IMG]

It has the Musical Instruments leather label which I have found through my research is a great one to locate! :USETHUMBUP:

[​IMG]

It features small upper side pockets with wooden buttons and matching button closures in the front (no zipper).

[​IMG]

Is there a specific name for the overlapping of the leather which is featured on the sides, upper back and along the scalloped hem?

[​IMG]

It also has the word "replica"?? handwritten on one side of the leather label along with some numbers on the other side. What would this indicate? That it is not authentic even though it has the original leather label and cloth label?

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help......

Gail

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Certainly looks 70s to me - I like it!

3. YOU LUCKY DOG!! No pun intended...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is the real deal, I wonder if the replica means it is a replica of a jacket they made for a rock star?? I would certainly do some more research on that possibility.

Fabulous Find!!!
    ~Tori

4. I'm with Tori. I've watched some of those and they do EXTREMELY well.

5. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

My new mantra : There's no place like home.....there's no place like home. :D

I am hoping to list this tonight....if I can get my act together. :bouncy:

Gail

6. Calm down and get your act together....I'm going to be watching that one, let us know when you list...

7. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

It just went up for bid on ebay! :clapping:

Gail

8. Looks great, Gail!!! Must go back and put on my watch list.

Good luck with the sale!!!

9. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

If I need to add anything or something in the auction needs improvement, please let me know.....Thanks. Already have 5 watchers....how many from the VFG? ;)

Gail

10. Gail, did you look under the back collar to see if there is a hidden stash pocket?
    I just clicked on watch...

11. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

No, there is no hidden pocket around the collar, Tori. :hiya:

Gail

12. Check the lining for any hidden zippered pockets....Check EVERYWHERE LOL

13. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I just checked every inch and every seam.....no pockets anywhere except the two small ones on the front. :puzzled:

Gail

14. Bummer.....they are notorious for having hidden stash pockets...

15. It's doing well already!!!

16. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

OK Gail - I'm watching now ;) Swell jacket.

And ... I found $72 in a 25 cent purse. The sale was for a really good cause (soup kitchen run by volunteers) so I was a good person and drove back with the $$$. I thought I'd get good karma in return and promptly locked my keys in my car at the grocery store....

17. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Those jackets are gold mines..................

Hollis

18. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I very much love :love008: that jacket, but it is a little too small in the bust area for me......but you are getting good hits, so no worries about it not doing well......:headbang:

19. Looks good so far, the true collectors of these jackets will probably bid near the end of the auction in hopes of not driving it up.

20. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

You see I didn't know about the significance of this jacket, sorry Gail (blame my British-ness!) or I would have been FAR more excited for you.

Now what are the chances of me running into one of these in Lincolnshire, lol. At least I'll know now if I see one to grab it quick. Good luck with it! ;)

(n.b. lmao at poor old Amanda and her car keys.. )