1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edwardian-1940s "pigeon(?)" Tailcoat fit for an xs gal

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by IsabelFord, May 17, 2022.

1. IsabelFord

IsabelFord Registered Guest

Hello friends!

I've been searching and searching for years...

About a decade ago, I tried the perfect one on that fit like a glove only to find out it wasn't for sale and was someone's personal coat they left in the change room. It seemed to me at the time, to be a youth sized, tailored, cut-a-way coat made of fine dark wool, from the 1920s. Sturdy with great shoulders and fitted waist. Since then I've purchased more than a handful of suits and coats from the late 1800s-1940s and none are like that dreamy fit i slipped on 10 years ago...I just only wish I had had ten minutes with the piece to get more details!

What I've noticed about the edwardian era tailcoats is that the shoulders tend to sloop down. What I've been pining for is a nice broad shoulder, but not too overstated, and a 25-27" fitted waist.

I've generally had good luck manifesting vintage clothing, but I think its time to give this hunt over to you professionals.

Deeply grateful for the wealth of this site, thank you!!!!

-izzy

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

if you have illustrations of what you're seeking, it would be helpful. :)