1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eifel Tower Label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Terry Nunnelley, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Terry Nunnelley

Terry Nunnelley Registered Guest

This item was in a lot of clothing I got at an estate sale.
    I have been able to date most of the items to the late 70s to early 80s , but I cannot find anything on this blouse.
    It feels like polyester.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Does it have shoulde pads? I can't tell for sure from your image. The writing on the label looks like it could be Japanese.

3. Terry Nunnelley

Yes there is shoulder pads.
    They are small ones

4. Terry Nunnelley

I have tried to figure out the writing with no luck.

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

The only label I know of with an eiffel tower on is Mary Harnes (I've only seen 60's garments) but they always state the name and have never had any other language on them so I believe it unrelated.
    Your label looks very modern to my eye so I suspect this is a current eastern brand catering for the vintage 'English' look which is very popular with young girls in China. You could if you can spare the time search for the trademark by image.

6. Pepper Sinclair

Pepper Sinclair Registered Guest

The writing on the label appears to be Japanese. I don't know what the first character is but the second one is 'ra', the third is 'mo', the fourth is 'yu' and the last is 'ra' again. The label combines both the hiragana and katakana alphabets.

Pinkcoke likes this.