1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

This popped up on my Facebook page from Collectors Weekly and I thought it was worth a share...

ul6XifZS0COCkwlvZOAiWw-smallw.jpg

Eisenberg & Sons, Inc., the parent company, was started as a perfume and clothing company in 1914. It had mixed success and during the late 1930s the company added a line of jewelry as accessories to its clothing (in order to increase sales). Pinned to the garment in a blue velvet box labeled “Eisenberg & Sons Originals,” the jewelry pieces were such an immediate success, they were more desired than the dresses themselves. The company, Eisenberg Jewelry, Inc. was officially established in 1940.

The Eisenberg Company used quite a variety of marks over the years. Each of these marks can be used to help identify the dates of each piece., though marks and the dates they were used tend to overlap. For more information on marks, consult the Collectors Weekly write-up on Eisenberg.

Photo 1: Piggy Goes to Market -- one of the rarest of the Eisenberg figurals and designed by Ruth Kamke for the Eaves Company, though sold by Eisenberg. This is a fur clip of a pig dressed in a bonnet and shawl, with a gorgeous enamel, rhinestone and faux turquoise cabochons, carrying a trembler basket full of enameled flowers hanging from one arm, gold wash over sterling, 3-1/2". Marked Eisenberg Original and designed in 1941.

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I would never have known that Piggy was Eisenberg!

Distantdetails likes this.
  3. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Utterly charming!

4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I would not have known that either!

I absolutely love it!. Thanks for sharing, Amanda.

5. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

So very whimsical! I love that.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Fabulous! Ruth Kamke was a wonderful jewelry designer. I have always loved Eisenberg.