1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emilio Pucci Vintage Scarf - Never Used - but no Tags

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Regan Hentz, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Regan Hentz

Regan Hentz Registered Guest

Hi All - new to this site and to vintage products! I'm trying to buy a vintage 1970s Emilio Pucci scarf and while it's in the original packing - the scarf has no labels sewn into the scarf, ie the Emilio Pucci tag, washing instructions and material tag. The seller insists it's authentic and original. Again - I'm new so I'm leery of buying anything without tags. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks - RAH

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome to the VFG! On what basis is the seller identifying the scarf as Pucci? Sometimes I believe he used his name as part of the print.

3. Regan Hentz

Regan Hentz Registered Guest

Thank you for response! The seller is selling as authentic EP as it comes in the original retail packaging from 1970s. Yes - EP's name is in the scarf and it does appear to be beautifully kept and never used. It's just the lack of any labels sewn in that has me concerned.

4. Lucija1207

Lucija1207 Registered Guest

Hey I also have this one, got it from a friend...But I was wondering if its authentic cuz there's no label at all just the name Emilio written all over the scarf. Hope someone will help.

Attached Files:

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

Hmmm tough one. Depends on the price really. If it's sensible I would buy it and do the research later. But if it has no tags, but there's a box... I don't know... and it's expensive. I would be cautious. It's a risk. I wouldn't buy anything without tags or labels if I wouldn't be sure (seen a photo of the same thing with a tag or on a model, runway ad etc) because you're making it harder on yourself to resell it in the future.

7. Lucija1207

I got it long ago from a millionaire friend so I doubt it's fake but it's possible... I wanted to sell it but everyone will be skeptical cuz there's no label

8. Lucija1207

Thank you for your response, that's fine :)