1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced image presentation?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by NylonNostalgia, May 19, 2021.

1. NylonNostalgia

NylonNostalgia VFG Member

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with different ways of presenting my vintage items in addition to my usual still images and short movies and I am getting to grips with 360-degree image tech. I'd love to know your thoughts. The link below will load the 360-degree image in your browser. It will revolve a couple of times and then you can use your mouse to 'look around' the item - in this case a 1960's Dorothy Perkins slip. This is the first one and I've spotted a slight flaw in the end result - I set the camera exposure when the slip was facing me but by the time it had done one full revolution, the sun had come out so it got lighter! Won't happen again - next time I will control the lighting. The 360-degree image is made up of 66 individual still shots of the slip.

https://rrh.short.gy/mCLox3

Emma :)

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

love it!

and, eta, that the light differentiation doesn't bother me at all.

NylonNostalgia likes this.
  3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Good Lord that's extaordinary. I feel like a luddite, I've never seen this before - at least not in this context.

I think it's great, however it took so long to load, that I thought it wasn't working - and there was no indication that it was waiting to load in my browser. On my phone it was slowly creeping through 1% 2% loaded. So I think the loading speed may be an issue for some people.

I see what you mean about the lighting, but I don't think it matters too much. You can tell what's happened and it kind of gives more life to the image.

Pretty slip too.

4. NylonNostalgia

I'll never stop doing the stills though - there's no substitute for those, but I could use this technique as an additional aid so that people could maybe see what they are buying a little better. All helps, I suppose :)

5. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

That is so cool!!!

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That worked very well for me and loaded quickly.

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

How the heck do you do this?! #extremeluddite

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

How extraordinary! The lighting thing doesn't bother me either. Took a moment to lad on my computer as well. But for special items - maybe high end or things that have a unique shape/construction or that wrap around, this might make it easier for a buyer to see it.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  9. It wont load for me in my browser. I believe you are speaking of similar ones I have seen on instagram

10. NylonNostalgia

Hmmm - next time I do one of these, I'll....

- choose a slip that doesn't hang off my mannequins like a sack of potatoes.
    - pick a day when the weather is uniformly dull (not difficult in England).
    - reduce the file size for faster loading.

Every day is a school day!

Emms :)

11. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

It loaded very slowly for me. I had been forewarned so I waited. Maybe a an alert? Very nice.
    Marian

12. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I think it’s lovely and the light didn’t bother me either. It took a bit of time to load but I did see a progress bar so it wasn’t a problem.
    What tool do you use to make these and would you be able to load this in any way to an Etsy listing?

13. Took almost a full minute to load in Microsoft Edge for me. Worth the wait! :)

14. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

FYI--It loaded fairly slowly on chrome on a macbook.