1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enid Collins Authenticity

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Smplycheri, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Smplycheri

Smplycheri Registered Guest

Hello All. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. My name here is SmplyCheri, but I go by Cheri.
    I come from a family of antique collectors/sellers. As a teenager and young adult, it was all just a bunch of junk to me and I must admit, I threw out a good amount of my grandmothers "junk" that I have kicked myself for many times.
    Throughout the years since, I have collected some of my favorite things like jewelry and Enid Collins purses.

I recently decided it was time to let go of things that my own children have no interest in inheriting from my collection of what they consider "junk".

I have sold several Enid Collins purses Ebay recently, but I have one that I am reluctant to list, as I am not sure that it is authentic. This is where I can use some help.
    Please let me know if this purse is legit.
    Thank you 20220807_164714.jpg 20220807_164709.jpg 20220807_164649.jpg 20220807_164645.jpg

2. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

3. Smplycheri

4. Smplycheri

I am so sorry. I did not see this in the rules. Perhaps new glasses would be a good idea.

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Cheri, you are right to wonder because of the Enid Collins-style bags that were available concurrently with genuine Enid Collins bags. I don't know if there are modern reincarnations.

I'm sure you saw that Enid Collins did a number of Fiesta del Sol-titled bags.

And welcome to the forums!