1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Era of these Pucci skirts? 60's or 70's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amandainvermont, Mar 13, 2013.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I actually picked these up more than a year ago, but I am now going to ready them for listing (Sorry for initial quick shots.) So - what era do you think? They are knee length.

skirts.jpg

skirtlabel.jpg

2. Nice finds, Amanda!

I'm feeling 70s.

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I think they are from the late '60's. The label matches the late '60's label in the LR.

5. The label also matches those from the early to mid 70s, albeit there may be a difference in colour.
    The cut speaks to 70s, too.

6. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Amanda, are both exactly the same style? And, what do the waistbands look like?

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

8. amandainvermont

They are both exactly the same cut. There is a high 2 inch waist band and a flare skirt (96 inch sweep) , 27 inches long. I think it's safe to say late 60's -early 70's.

9. amandainvermont

I hesitate to call mine A-lines, as they really flare more. That's why I was going to give the sweep. Deborah, that one is a beauty and it's a maxi. I can't find many knee length Pucci skirts of this type/era.

10. I was surprised at how litter there were, too. Your proposal is a good one:

Are you going to do eBay? They should do well.

11. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I think you're safe with late 60s/early 70s. To me, the one on the left looks more 60s-ish, the one on the right more 70s-ish--due to the prints and the colors on each. But they must be from the same year if they're exactly the same?

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Amanda, just send them to me, so I can take a really "good" look!!!:hysterical:

Love both of these....Are you planning to pose them on your manni?
    That might help to really get to see the cut of these.

13. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Suzanne -

There was a size 6 in the '60's and '70's and in the late '50's, too. Size 6 in the '60's was the smallest Misses size. I don't think size 4 started until the '80's and size 2 and smaller in the late '90's followed by size 0!

Amanda - what is the waist size?

Linn

14. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I am going out on a limb and say that one on the right is mid 60s, circa 1966-1967. Those colors are SO mid 60s...the hot sherbet colors were SO very popular that I cannot see Pucci doing them again in the late 60s-70s, but who knows? The one on the left looks more late 60s to early 70s in the print, but if they are both the same, then maybe it is earlier too.

Also, by 1970 skirts were pretty short, the mini was still very much "in", (as well as the maxi and soon to come midi) but a knee length skirt in the early 70s would be considered kind of dowdy. Unless it was worn by an older conservative woman.

In the mid 60s knee length was more common, even for young women, so that helps me to think that your skirts are earlier. Plus the sherbet colors are just convincing me of mid 60s too.

15. Barbara's right about the skirt lengths, but knee length came back around '75-78.

Personally I think the one with the label has far too much information for '60s so I'd be inclined to put them as early to mid '70s but then I had a '60s Pucci with those pinks and greens. It can often be hard to split up late '60s and early '70s I find.

Gorgeous prints!

16. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Nothing to add to the many sage words of wisdom above, just... :wub:

17. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Nothing about Pucci from me, but I do know that size 2 & 4 were available in the 60s because I wore them c. 1965.
    High end stuff.

18. joules

joules VFG Member

Totally agree with Nicole on all points, and it was the amount of label information that was striking me as 70s as well, at first glance.