1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Era of this vintage male mannequin?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amandainvermont, Nov 5, 2007.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

This is Roger and I hope to have him listed by Wednesday morning. He is wood where the torso connects with the legs. 50’s? I love him dearly. My kind of man - strong and silent. ;) However, I didn't use him at all last year and I don't think he appreciated spending the winter in a barn in northern Vermont wrapped in a sleeping bag.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Looks into 60s to me, for some reason......makes me think of the men in 60s catalogs I've seen. The coloring maybe, and the pose. Its super cool!! Ang

3. His legs are rather short for a modernish man so I suspect he's 40s or 50s. The wooden interior suggests earlier - damn men, not as easy to date as women! One of my mannes has a stand like that: she's late '20s. See; not much use to you, I'm afraid.

4. Laura

Laura Alumni

Looks early 60s to me, but I think it's because I'm getting a Sean Connery/James Bond vibe from his face (especially in that middle picture). :hysterical:

Laura

5. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

A good close up of his "hair do" might help in dating him

6. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

My 60s girl is wood. AND her born on date is stamped inside the torso where she pulls apart, did you check there for any marks? The skin tone really looks wrong for earlier than 50s to me.

Ang

7. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

I'm getting an early 60's vibe to.

A Good Vibration, in fact. :violins:

Janine

8. inkedpalm

inkedpalm Registered Guest

I haven't a clue about his date...but I do think he is SUPER COOL!!! :wub:

9. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Oh, I love him. I am definitely getting a 50s vibe. Where's the pipe? He looks like Father Knows Best.

10. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Oh I have about 25 photos of Roger. He is on the short side - 5'9" I would say- will certainly measure for the final listing. He wears 34/30 pants. And yes, the skin tone is kind of like those spray on tans. Here are some head shots.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is a most undignified photo... he would be very annoyed with me if he knew.

[​IMG]

11. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I can see that Sean Connery thing going on to...so I would have to go with the 60s...he's great!

13. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i'm leaning towards late 40's early 50's on him, too...that hair...

hee hee :cul:

14. avamac

avamac Alumni

With those measurements, doesn't he have to be 40s/50s? He looks like a "MAN'S man" in the Esquire Magazine mode.

15. AnyDayNow

AnyDayNow Registered Guest

He looks like one of the male models in those 40's/50's Jantzen ads I was looking at all day yesterday. He only needs one of the wool bathing suits with the zip off top to complete him. :)

16. kaleidoscopecarousel

kaleidoscopecarousel Registered Guest

He does have a Sean Connery look.
    You guys crack me up with this talk lol :USING:

17. I see some resemblance to Van Johnson~

18. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

I heart Roger! :love008:

I think he looks late 50s into early 60s.

Jen

19. I heart Roger too. But he doesn't look a day over 28 to me.:P

20. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi Roger! :hiya: Or should I call him Sean? Van?:roll:

Cool mannie, Amanda! :)

Gail