1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estate sale find

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by acceber, Jun 4, 2021.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I went to an estate sale this morning, run by this guy who always gives me incredible deals. Sure enough, he did it again. I scored 3 amazing dresses and an oriental dressing gown (I think - I snapped it up pretty much with no idea what it is lol) and he charged me 8 BUCKS for ALL of it! *dying*

Here is the first one, a slinky 1930s gown. I think it’s some kind of crepe. Do you think it would be alright to have it dry cleaned? I suppose the neckline embellishment would have to be removed first. It has one hook in the back of the neck, a neck tie in the back, side snaps, NRA tag and bell sleeves. It has a little belt that closes with a hook and a snap. I am so in love!

64D490A3-94BE-4962-B85C-3E63B571BDE1.jpeg 20B117B1-540D-41C0-8E69-12E6FC289A16.jpeg FD71A235-22A2-42F5-A0E3-C47BFD743BEF.jpeg 2F9B2A7C-F180-40E5-BD6E-19494F3890A5.jpeg 13718B6F-7A42-4510-87C3-FB4293829E95.jpeg AFA3891A-108D-47F7-8C07-0AB9D4C5F4B6.jpeg

2. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Wonderful! Yes, remove the neckline trim. If you have a dry cleaner you trust, and you point out that care is needed, it should dry clean well.
    Marian

acceber likes this.
  3. Great find! I agree remove the trim and work Only with a reliable cleaner. I have had my crepes come back burnt and with holes.

acceber likes this.
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

5. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Oh thank you for the warning! I have had quite a few vintage dresses cleaned but nothing like this so I will make sure they can do it!

6. acceber

acceber VFG Member

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice find!!! and the price was right too!

acceber likes this.
  8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

good for you!! it's outstanding! looking forward to seeing the rest of the treasures you scored! (please) :)

acceber likes this.
  9. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Absolutely! :)

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

you have fallen into such a mother lode. LOVE the pics!

acceber likes this.
  11. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I would re-bead that collar--it wouldn't be hard to do because the rhinestones all look to be the same size. It might be time-consuming (about 3 hours) but not hard. Let me know if you need any advice on that.

12. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I would love advice on that! Those missing rhinestones are the only flaw in this entire dress. It would be lovely to restore it!