1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited About These Vintage Hats, Dating Help and Occasion please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GemGem, Mar 8, 2021.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hello, lovely guilders :)

I am so excited that I won these hats at auction that I couldn't wait until receiving them to ask for information. They come with two vintage silk scarves (one Hermes 1962) (one Jeanne Lanvin Castillo) So I'm thinking they if the hats are in keeping with the dates of the scarves they should be 1950s-1960s.

They just look in wonderful condition and I love the black one with the net (which I may keep). I have not ventured into vintage hats before but these really appeal to me.

When I receive them, probably in a week or two I will post individual threads for them but I'm just so excited I wondered if anyone has some solid dating suggestions for them and the occasions they would be worn! The blue colouring is so pretty, the black looks like velvet and the beaded one looks uber classy, I imagine a lady with a long cigerette holder standing next to a piano in an old black and white film. vintage hats.jpg

vintage hats 4.jpg

vintage hats 5.jpg

NB* The hat box is 'Grants' from croyden London vintage hats 3.jpg

vntage hats 2.jpg
    in the UK. I'm not sure that they are this milliner but it may offer an early clue.

Many thanks all, Gem

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

They are gorgeous! The one with the veil and the sequinned one look right for 50s to me, the feather one I could see in the early 60s, but let's wait and see what those who know more about hats than me have to say. Photos of the insides and labels will definitely help once you have the hats in hand.

GemGem likes this.