1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake fur - but what is it faking?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hattysattic, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

i have finally got round to clearing out my coat mountain, and have this synthetic fur number which will hopefully appeal to those of a rock star nature... question is, what fur is it trying to be?

[​IMG]

i thought 1970's datewise, tissavel fabric (who started in the 50's as far as i know). any date comments appreciated though! i really do have a lot of coats left to get listed this week as i have decided i can't store them until next year!

TIA
    :wub:

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

"spotted cat" and let people decide which it is? people do search it.

It almost looks like Lynx to me, but i don't know it they make things out of Lynx.

A mother of a friend of mine years back had said she called them "fun furs" back in the day.

3. Hattysattic

thanks chris! i think you're right. i suppose if someone is searching for a specific fur they might well not be interested in faux anyway so suppose i don't need to be too specific.
    and yes, i had a blue 70's 'fun fur' when i was a bit younger... :cool:

(or maybe :BAGUSE: really)!!

4. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

a fake fur faking lynx.....
    sara x

5. Hattysattic

thanks guys! :USETHUMBUP: