1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faux curly lamb short jacket - help dating?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Tamzzyn, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Hi all!

I picked this up a while ago for 99c and totally forgot about it. I'm not even sure that it's vintage tbh. Could anyone help me out with dating? Sorry the photos are kind of bad - flash on my cell phone as I quickly popped it on the mannequin! It's got a fun lining - in fact, I just saw the other thread about the fun coat and the lining reminded me that I had this!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That poodle lining is adorable. Are you sure it is faux, are you able to get underneath the lining anywhere to see if there is actual skin? With these photos it's difficult to know if it is faux or not. Really like the bolero style of it, the sleeve looks as though it was designed with a natural curve, I think that would make it vintage, I don't think they would cut a sleeve like that in a more modern item.

The style and cut of it have me thinking 1950s.

3. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Thanks :) It's definitely faux. I looked up close and under the lining and there is no skin at all.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President