1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fave handbags!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by denisebrain, Feb 2, 2006.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

As per Jonathan's thread...These are the bags I carry the most these days, and I love them all dearly! Only a few distinguished vintage items, but I thought I'd give a laugh at least with my off-the-wall taste. (I thought there would be too many to attach to the original thread!) I'll probably regret this exposé in the morning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

What an incredible selection! I have never seen anything like the umbrealla one, its wonderful! I do love such individual style. Now I am inspired to find a few spare moments to photograph a few of my own. I also like the column you used to stand them on.

3. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Oh, the purple one! Purple is my favorite color and I would carry that one all the time! And the doggie! How cute is that? And the black and white license plate one! Fabulous collection!

4. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:o Those are wonderful, Maggie!:o

I love them all! :wub:

Gail

5. denisebrain

I do put my bags on a pedestal!

One tiny story: The license plate purse was given to me baked inside a huge pink cake...an unforgettable presentation!

6. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

What an unique gift.....and clever way to "wrap" it!! :clapping:

Gail

7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The daisy coffin purse is kind of spooky actually! Great selection!

8. polyesterchesters

polyesterchesters Registered Guest

The wicker bag is awesome, that one is a holy grail for me, I want a wicker elephant or dog, but every time I see one, I can't afford it!!!

9. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

The daisies do look like they are floating in midair...very unsual.

The telephone cord bag reminds me almost of the chinese double happiness symbol. And that license plate bag...that is beyond cool (unless that's a street sign!)

10. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I agree with you guys......I :love008: them all too........

My favorite color is purple too!!!!!

I have a few of my grandmother's purses that I have really feel in love with and was thinking about getting a china hutch to display them in when I get my new house.

11. denisebrain

Oooo, a china hutch with purses...a sign of serious addiction! :)

Sorry to brag on~ I actually have a purple dress to match that bag! :wub:

The license plate bag is from Little Earth

12. seven****

seven**** Guest

Fantastic Maggie!!!

Deborah

13. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

maggie they are all too cool! and now i need to see the purple outfit in its full splendour you realise! ;)

14. What a wonderful collection! My fav is the wicker umbrella - so unique!

--kari

15. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

yes maggie, I seem to have to have the same addition also........ :)

And proud of it too!!!!!!:USING:

16. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

Maggie -- I am in awe of ALL of them... but am especially intrigued by the straw one with the unusual wire handle & apparatus. How very odd! Is it vintage?

I find some really great purses, but I never come across anything this spectacular!
    Thanks for sharing :wub:

17. denisebrain

This collection took forever, not that I was trying, just gradually finding them. Thanks for indulging me! My heart races when I see a bag I love, so I know I'd best buy it or call an ambulance.

The one you mentioned, Kristine, is actually very dear to me...it is indeed vintage, I'd guess 40s or 50s, and it opens like an egg basket. Surely I've had comments about his one more than any other of my bags...just to open it is so intriguing that people want to play with it!

18. Oh my, what a collection. Makes me want to go on a purse buying spree.:spin:

19. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Oh! You've got that sweet little Peace Enin Collins bags with your favorites. :clapping:

20. denisebrain

Are you KIDDING Lizzie? :love008:

(I got this one from Lizzie...in case it isn't obvious now!)