1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferragamo Buttery Soft Clutch Date?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by marlyandmorry, Aug 12, 2004.

1. marlyandmorry

marlyandmorry Registered Guest

Now after having Manny photo this for me, I am hoping my instincts are correct with this accessory....

I say yes it is true blue, it has the Ferragamo logo on the outside and the little logo on the zippered compartment along with Salvatore Ferragamo stamped with a number (serial number?)

Buttery soft leather which I adore but alas too small for the amount of stuff I carry around....

Anyone want to try dating this? I know Jonathan would know as there is some correlation on dating when it comes to Salvatore Ferragamo???

Thanks Bunches!

Nanc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Thats like the shoes I sold last year they had the grossgrain ribbon as bows with the goldtone (?) metal slide (?)( I had found a bunch of them at a thrift all never worn) In my shoe book it dates those shoes as bieng 1996. Can't find it in my handbag book. But I would guess the purse was styled after the shoes.

3. marlyandmorry

marlyandmorry Registered Guest

Thanks Pauline!!!!:D

Just happened to be browsing through some Ebay listings and note two sellers with something almost identical, both are stating this style is vintage....

Well I am not saying they were manufactured yesterday but in my books it is not vintage either....I think if I said the vintage to be from the mid 90's, I don't think I would be that far off the mark.

I think some sellers, these two were fairly new to Ebay, thought because the wallet was used that it would be vintage which is just not the case.

Nanc

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I agree with Pauline - this clutch was made to coordinate with the Vara shoes. The Vara debuted in 1978, and has been in production at Ferragamo ever since. So it could have been made at any time between then and now.

I don't think the age will make any difference, and lots of buyers are going to find it whether you list it in modern accessories or in vintage.

Lizzie