1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time wearing a vintage look in public, I cannot decide upon my stocking!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pauline, May 14, 2012.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi every one.
    This Saturday I am going to be wearing a vintage look for the fiorst time in public whist shopping ,
    I have put together this outfit with a 40's jacket , a blouse with a vintage feel/look to it with a black shirt.
    However I cannot decide upon the hosiery I should wear!

[​IMG]
    a) Pair of nude stocking with a black contrast seam( right)
    b) Pair of tan pantyhose no seam (2nd left)
    c) pair of Tulle ( fine fish net seamed stocking (photo left)

I like all three options .... what do you all think works the best?
    or think about anything else i wearing.

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Pauline,

I am SO proud of you, I truly know what this means for you. I personally love the entire outfit, and think a non seamed hosiery is best for this unique occasion. Either go with the natural skin tone, or I really think you would look classic in a dark color stocking (no back seam) such as wine or charcoal.

If I were there I would give you a huge hug! Let us know about your shopping experiences if you feel like it.

Best of success, know that your friends here are behind you 100%.

3. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

I prefer the tan pantyhose(no seam)... the others take the eye away from your outfit...

4. Perditaspursuits

Perditaspursuits Registered Guest

I agree, the plain tan lets the outfit 'shine'.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Agree with #2 hosiery Pauline which also enhance your legs nicely. Know you'll look smashing - have fun!

7. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

I love how you showed us all four options. What a great aid for making a decision! I agree with the tan.

8. missproper

missproper Alumni

Tan pantyhose (no seam)

You look great!! :USETHUMBUP:

9. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Tan or dark, no seam :)

10. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

All in all it was a very successfully day for me , I bought a 40's hat and handbag to go with this outfit to give it a more genuine 40's look ( photos to follow) and then I popped up into my local town centre for a look around more as a confidence booster really.

No adverse reaction from what I could here anyway and that all that matters.
    I will try and post photos of the total look later on.
    Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Leonardo Da Vintage and cotmyey like this.
  11. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

This was the outfit I finally decided on, a slightly longer black skirt and black seamed stockings, I could not resist black in the end [​IMG]!

[​IMG]

cotmyey likes this.
  12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Looks fab. Personally I love the seamed stockings, and with the slightly longer skirt they are more subtle.

13. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

thanks Ruth , getting the balance right is what I find a little hard getting there .

14. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

You look great Pauline. I didn't think the black with seams would look quite right for you, but you pulled it off with panache. With the longer skirt, the black hosiery does look very nice on you. Congratulations on your trek to the shops.

15. Villa

Villa Registered Guest

Great outfit, lovely blazer!