1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found *another* old charm bracelet!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by route66gal, Sep 29, 2004.

1. route66gal

route66gal Registered Guest

Found it at the same place I found the first one! What are the odds? I'm wondering if it's from the same person...anyway, just thought I'd share this one - it has a Chinese flair to it. It's missing one of the stones - I figure I'll try to hunt one down before I list it.

[​IMG]

A couple of charm CUs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, still no word on the Sherlock Holmes bracelet - no responses from my emails, so I think I'll just list it tomorrow. I've really enjoyed finding these!

-Melanie

2. I love old bracelets and this should be a winner, too! Can't wait to see how they do. Last time I checked, charm bracelets were doing fantastic!

3. Try your local jewelry store. I took a brooch in to mine last week that was missing a stone. The guy was really nice which surprised me. He brought out a whole box of mixed rhinestones and helped me find the ones I needed. He was going to just give them to me but instead I talked him into selling me the whole box fro $20. I must have about 1000 really cool rhinestones now.
    They are the ones with the pointy backs not the flat ones and I couldn't find them anywhere else except online. I was going to buy the ones I needed online but I didn't know the size so that is why, originally, I took them to the jeweler. Just to have him measure it.

I love shiny things and played with these the rest of the day!
    :P

Marie

4. route66gal

Marie, thanks so much for the tip! I would have never thought of that :D

-Melanie

5. marlyandmorry

marlyandmorry Registered Guest

Mel

I have one sitting right beside me here....I also have a brooch...Guess I better get a move-on, get some pics and post them here!!!

Charm bracelets definitely seem to be a hot item, mine is metal and certainly not gold or silver, dunno how it will do...

Off to do my evil deed AND WILL RETURN!

Nanc
    PS Marie, that rhinestone cache you have will come in really handy!!! Well worth the 20 bucks and more!!!

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I have to look into that...we have a great local jeweler who makes his own stuff but really doesn't deal with costume. Maybe if i ask him really nicely : )I have some fantastic rhinestone earrings missing one stone each...and its obvious since they are big stones... will have to see if i can find some replacements. Of course they can't be clear, they have to be odd shapes and colors!

Oh goodie, Mel...you are listing the Sherlock one!

7. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

I guess I better hunt through my stuff....I know I have a couple of them around here somewhere!

8. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

People love this Chinoiserie stuff. They can't get enough of the masks and Asian faces. Two names to drop are Selro and Har. Like "50s Oriental Rhinestone Charm Bracelet - Selro? Har?" Or put those names in the description by stating that it mimics the "same style as the jewelry produced by Selro and Har in the 50s and 60s"

9. route66gal

Thanks for the tip, kevinjohnnyc! Going to look up info on them now :D I love learning about stuff like this.

-Melanie

10. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Be careful about name-dropping. We know from past experience that some of the Jewelry Board peeps can be very predatory. If you don't know for sure, I wouldn't take the chance on KWS. They will blow you out of the water.

Bren

11. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

Thanks for the heads-up Bren!

12. route66gal

Ah, Bren, that's true, huh? Thanks for the reminder!

Kevin, thanks for the info - I looked them up and really enjoyed learning some stuff about them - nice stuff!

-Melanie

13. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I seem to remember i have a petite one with acorns and leaves somewhere...will have to dig it out!

I think i might even have a "blank" charm bracelet. Are there any call for them for folks who want to assemble their own vintage charms or not really...the desiribility is in the charms...

chris