1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found NOS 40s (?) dress - interesting tags attached

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by ellenm, Sep 26, 2004.

1. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Yesterday I found a very pretty summer dress that I think is from the 40s. The best thing is the tags are still attached. There is a fabric care tag, a sizing information tag, and a price tag. The instructions to wash and iron this dress are complicated. It's a real glimpse into the past.

The dress has a peplum and the belt has patent leather trim. This dress is just as crisp and fresh as new. And it's a wearable size.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Wow...great find. I'm thinking late 40s with the length of skirt, but then I looked again and wondered if it was early 40s? Big help huh?

Looks like you don't have to measure the bust! Bonus!

Sue

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

As its styled for the shorter woman, I think it must be 1948ish. The belt is too busy and wide for anything later, they would have gone to a narrow simple belt after 48ish. I can see why they have the complicated care label as its rayon, and from experience rayon can be a bitch to clean.