1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fraudulant vintage seller ALERT

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by noir_boudoir, Mar 4, 2005.

1. noir_boudoir

noir_boudoir Registered Guest

An alert for anyone looking through vintage and party gowns on Ebay UK.

A new, no-feedback seller based in China has stolen a <b>large number</b> of listings from a variety of quality sellers, some of them from the VFG.

If you're watching any of these auctions, or you spot a familiar dress in them, be aware that they are completely bogus.

None of us want anyone to be scared off buying vintage on Ebay, since the majority of sellers are honourable and bona fide. This is a relatively rare occurrance.

We are expecting these listings to be removed imminently, just as soon as Ebay acts on reports by the original auction posters.

The seller's name is haomaijia_8888.

Their listings are here

Just as an illustration here is a dress from our very own Memphis Vintage which has been lifted, a yellow suit that Chris/ Patentleathershoes is offering now has also been lifted.

Some of these auctions are still running, and <i>they</i>, offered by their original sellers, are <i>FINE</i>.

Just to be aware...

End of this slightly unfortunate public service announcement.

:no:

Lin

2. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Thanks Lin - I can't believe his listings are still running - why on earth is ebay taking so long to pull them!!! Someone is going to hurt with this - and not just the GENUINE sellers!

:USEGUN: :mad:

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Thanks Lin!

I reported it to the proper authorities.

I think the intent is to scam people into bidding and out of money as they had no merchandise to produce. On mine, they copied one of my pictures and used my title. I think everything is sorted out now (or i hope)

Chris

4. noir_boudoir

Yes, they're short auctions, started to run over the weekend, when there's less vigilence...

What a :censored2: !

5. Patentleathershoes

No..i looked it is still up.

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I see quite a few stolen auctions there - who do we report it to? ( more reports may help)

Hollis

7. Patentleathershoes

I reported it to ebay...if you go to the squaretrade section it lets you report both fraudalant auctions, and a slew of other things. They have the little menus and forms to go through....

8. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:flaming: :USEGUN: :flaming: :USEROCKY: :flaming:

This just steams me up! What a horrible thing to do! I hope ebay pulls those auctions before someone gets burned!!!!

:barf:

Gail

9. Patentleathershoes

10. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I have randomly checked about 60% of the auctions and all
    are copies of other actual vintage clothing ones running from other sellers.

This seller lists in the regular clothing category though not
    in vintage.

Ebay surely has someone that can act on this - weekend or not?

Sue

11. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

NARU'D!!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

12. noir_boudoir

13. Patentleathershoes

:headbang:

Thanks everyone for reporting this seller! Everything is back to normal!