1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full length black Opera cape

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by DoubleSeahorse, Aug 10, 2004.

1. DoubleSeahorse

DoubleSeahorse Registered Guest

Hey all,

I'm searching for a nice long black opera cape in solid wearable condition for a Halloween costume. Preferably black exterior with black or white satiny lining with one fastener or tie at the neck. Also prefer no arm slits and no sculpted shoulders. Length about 50 inches (give or take a few) with a nice sweep of hem.

Please let me know what you have and pics are most welcome!

~Tiff~

2. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Tiff, I KNOW I have a black full cape with red satin interior ..I don't think it's what you are going for, but if you want, I can find it and post a pic. Somewhere, in my morass, I do have a velvet opera coat, black, with a fastener at the neck and a teensy bit on fold on the shoulders. I think it's in fair to good condition. I think the lining is black. If you are at all interested, just let me know. Actually, these dont' seem to fit your criteria, so don't feel bad if you aren't interested. Just thought I'd mention them. They've been languishing for ages.
    joey

3. I think I have one, but it is not vintage..more costumy. I will look.

4. DoubleSeahorse

Joey - The black and red one sounds interesting and it may work. I would love to see a pic of it. Regarding the opera coat? I have more vintage coats and jackets than I have occasion to wear - but I may be interested nonetheless. If it isn't too much trouble, please post a pic of that as well.

Linda - I'd prefer a more quality vintage piece, something that wouldn't clash with the rest of the vintage I'm using for the costume. But I appreciate the help!

Oh and by the by, this is for a Phantom of the Opera costume ;)

Thanks guys!
    ~Tiff~

5. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Tiff, I know where the red lined one is and can post a pic of it tomorrow. It may take a few days to find the other. It's about 112 degrees here and I'm freaked.The black with red is very gothish. I like it,but never have a chance to wear it. I'll do a pic of it tomorrow..promixe;););)
    joey

6. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

see, I told you I was freaked ...make that "promise".
    joey

7. DoubleSeahorse

Hey Joey, I appreciate the help! Don't be 'freaked' anymore. Take your time - after all, Halloween is still a good 2 and a half months away! ;)

~Tiff~