1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun Hat Find

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I found this cute hat this weekend at the Hawaii Collectible Show. A quick glance at the label read "Golden Falcon" which is how the seller had it tagged. However, when I got it home and in better light the label read:

"Golden Falcon Eastern Airlines Original by Play Toppers"

I did a little research and found that the Golden Falcon logo was first used in 1959 to coincide with the introduction of Eastern's Golden Falcon Prop-Jet Electra service. I wonder if the hat was worn by a "stewardess" back then?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Linn

2. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

What a Score, Linn! I especially like the little rhinestone embellishment on the top button.

I'd *think* that it was worn by stewardesses. Maybe we can find a pic of the entire uniform?

off to google land. ;)

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

That's a wonderful find, Linn!

The rhinestoned button on top is the icing on the cake, especially if it was indeed part of a stewardess uniform. I look forward to learning more about it...

And I can see this looking perfect on you!

4. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

I did a quickish search & didn't find any pics of the actual uniforms from that time frame or using Golden Falcon.

There must be something out there, but I'm not sure where to look now.

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

What a great find! I found a 1957 ad for the hat, for you:

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Lynne -

That is so neat. I will have to revise my dating. When I did a search for Play Toppers I found a similar hat on Sydney's site but it doesn't have the Golden Falcon label but it does have the rhinestone emblishment!

Mine isn't velvet - it's woven.

Linn

7. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

What would we do without Lynne?

Great hat and I love the ad!

8. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Sweet! Lynne is the best at finding these ads, how cool!

9. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

That's Awesome!

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

11. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

What a lovely, neat litle hat Linn! And kudos to Lynne for digging up that ad! :clapping:

Sarah