1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fur Coat Questions... mainly, what type of fur is this?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by KoshkaMinogue, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Is this real fur?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gosh, no!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KoshkaMinogue

KoshkaMinogue Registered Guest

Hello All! I just found the coat below, and I have no idea where it comes from. It has no tags whatsoever. I had to buy it because it felt so nice and it was so long. I do believe it needs some love. The only clue I have is a NYC transit ticket from... 1995! Anyway. My questions are: Do you think this is a real fur coat? What type of fur do you think this is? Do you have any tips as to where to take it to be conditioned? I live in the SF Bay Area, mid-Peninsula to be more precise. I have a vest from Birgen Christensen, but that one has tags and even a tag with a someone's name on it. This has nothing at all. No brand, no care tag, nothing. Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

Lovely coat. It is real and is fox fur. I don't have any specific recommendations because I don't live in your area but you would want to take it to a furrier in order to have it conditioned.