Game #1 The Vintage Fashion Price is Right

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG 15th Year Anniversary Celebration!' started by Furwise, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furwise

Furwise Administrator Staff Member

Game # 1 - The Vintage Fashion Price is Right

This game will consist of vintage fashion ads with hidden prices. Each time a visitor guesses within 10% of the actual price we will consider that a win, their user name will then be added to the end of the title, and we will move on to another vintage fashion ad in a new thread.
    The one who gets the most wins by the end of our celebration will receive $10 credited to their PayPal account.

How much was this 1950's Lilli Ann coat advertised for?

lilliann1guesstheprice copy.jpg

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

I WANT THAT COAT!

um...maybe about $85 ????

Furwise likes this.
  3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

$60.00.

Furwise likes this.
  4. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

I think $100- and I love it!

Furwise likes this.
  5. jazzbug

jazzbug Trade Member

Does finding another ad with the same coat featured, count?
    [​IMG]

6. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

£82

Furwise likes this.
  7. Midge

Midge Trade Member

8. Circa Vintage

Circa Vintage Trade Member

Amazing coat. How is $95?

Furwise likes this.
  9. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

10. gaildavid

gaildavid Trade Member

11. bubblegumvintage

bubblegumvintage Registered Guest

£17.49

Furwise likes this.
  12. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Registered Guest

$48.00

Furwise likes this.
  13. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo Administrator Staff Member

14. vintagedaisydeb

vintagedaisydeb Registered Guest

$59

Furwise likes this.
  15. PinkChandy

PinkChandy Registered Guest

$41

Furwise likes this.
  16. ClubVintage

ClubVintage Administrator Staff Member

$49.99

Furwise likes this.
  17. TheVintagePeddler

TheVintagePeddler Registered Guest

18. $145.00

19. Furwise

We have a winner! Bonnie won this one right on the spot! Congrats Bonnie!

Can you believe that this coat that we all know and love to this day was $145?

This ad was from in the Evening Standard on the 17th of August 1954.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 12.40.02 PM.png

We will now close this with Bonnie being our winner and go on to the next in a new thread. This one was pretty difficult to guess.

Tiffany is our winner with $45. She did not hit it on the nose but was the first to come within 10%.

Maggie did come closer to the actual price, $49.99 before midnight..lol, and PinkChandy hit it right on the nose at $50.

The lady's jumpsuit was $45.

mensjumpsuits70s.jpg

We have a winner! Mary! She was the first to guess within 10% of the actual price! We will go on to round 4 within the next few minutes!

30scoatvfg copy.jpg

We have a winner! Pink Chandy! She was the first one to guess within 10% of the price! I will post one more today and then there will be more The Vintage Fashion Price is Right tomorrow.

30sboyscoutleaderuniformvfg.jpg

We have a winner! Jean Marshall was very close and within 10% of the actual price! Congrats Jean! I cannot believe that coat was more than a Lilli Ann coat at that time. Beautiful coat though! I will be posting another soon. :)
    IMG_8528.JPG

Well I be darned. I thought no one was going to guess. This one has to go without an official winner because not everyone got a 2nd try but Hollis would have won and still got the closest so while this does not count she unofficially won. Hallelujah Hollis! That was truly a closeout! Haha!

1934dresscloseout.jpg

We have a winner! Congrats to Tiffany! You were the first to come within 10% of the for sale price.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.36.52 AM.png

Winner already! Congratulations PinkChandy! The price was $70! I do love this dress too. This dress will next be featured in our name that fabric game.

fullsizeoutput_2f3d.jpeg

PinkChandy wins! Congrats! She guessed it within 10%. $289.95! That was a pretty penny back then.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 2.03.05 PM.png

You made it up here Hollis! You win! You were the first to come within 10%. Congrats!

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 4.06.48 PM.png

We have a winnner! Barbara!! Congratulations!!! You were the first to come within 10% of the actual price! Pretty close too!

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 3.04.41 PM.png

PinkChandy wins. The actual price was $11.97! Congrats!

IMG_8621.JPG

StitchesandSnags was the closest but not within 10% so no cigar on this one. This gorgeous coat was $1.44.

The_Amarillo_News_Globe_Sun__Mar_30__1941_(1).jpg

Just a cute dress like Sandy might wear in Grease.

A lot of you were close some even closer than our winner but Nancylou was first to come within 10% so she wins! Congrats!

IMG_8617.JPG

Are you joshing me??? You got within 10% right off the bat! Congratulations Tiffany! :headbang:

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.21.55 PM.png

and we have a winner! MJ was the first to get within 10%. Congrats!

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 10.20.06 PM.png

Nancylou actually got it just right but Hollis was within 10% first so she wins. Congrats to both of you!

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 11.44.54 PM.png

IMG_8731.JPG

We have a winner! Deborah! You guessed within 10% of the actual price. $20 for the scalloped cape.

fullsizeoutput_2fa3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2fae.jpeg

Oh, you think you're going to do this like that and just get within 10% with the first reply. Ok, I see what you're trying to do. :USING: You win! Congratulations.

IMG_8755.JPG

Well, that didn't take too long! $18 was the combined price for all. You win. Congrats!

IMG_8765.JPG

Wow! PinkChandy wins as she was the first to get within 10% of the about price however Ilaria hit the price right on the nose! Congrats to both of you!

IMG_8744.JPG

I believe you all have a lot of brain power today. Ilaria wins! Congrats!

fullsizeoutput_2fbe.jpeg

Whoo! That was quick! Barbara was the first to come within 10% of the price. This gown was $310. What a beautiful gown right?

IMG_8796.JPG

What gives? You win nsweezie! Congratulations! You were our last winner of the Vintage Fashion Price is Right. We will announce the overall winner tomorrow! It's been fun!
    fullsizeoutput_2fd8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2fd9.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  20. Furwise

Round 2 of Game #1
    The first to guess within 10% of the original price back then when new wins.
    We will start a new Vintage Fashion Price is Right thread each time we have a winner. The one who wins the most by the end of the month gets $10 credited to their PayPal account.

Ok, this will be the price for the guy's jumpsuit.

mensjumpsuits70s copy.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.