Game #2 Guess the Icon Round 21

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG 15th Year Anniversary Celebration!' started by Furwise, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Furwise

Furwise Administrator Staff Member

Game #2 Guess the Icon Round 21

The one who guesses the most icons correctly by the end of the month will win $10 credited to their PayPal account. One try per person. If the answer has not been guessed within 24 hours the answer will be given.

I really found this fashion designer's story to be quite touching. He really seemed to become quite accomplished after going through a lot.
    He was once told he had no talent. He went on to create his own label and designed for multiple celebrities.

2. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV Trade Member

Mc Queen

Furwise likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

4. Armani

Furwise likes this.
  5. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Trade Member

6. Furwise

He was a very well known designer, I think we all have heard his name, probably have seen his label, and while he's no longer alive his label is still in use today.

7. PinkChandy

PinkChandy Registered Guest

Yves St Laurent

Furwise likes this.
  8. Furwise

No one has guessed within 24 hours so I will provide the answer. The icon was a designer named Bill Blass.

I'm going to share some things that you might not know about Bill Blass. We know a lot about him as a designer but there is so much more about the designer than his couture designs for people like Barbara Bush, Gloria Vanderbilt, Barbara Walters, and his ready to wear designs.

When he was just 5 years old his dad committed suicide and his mom died when she was just 57.

He served in WWII.

Anne Klein believed he had no talent.

Aside from women's and men's wear, he licensed his name to products outside of fashion which turned out to be very profitable.

He was was attracted to both men and women. He didn't sexually categorize people however he was open about it and shed light on the existence of same sex couples.

He was friends with wide variety of people like fellow designer Oscar de la Renta and Henry Kissinger.

Sadly he passed away from throat Cancer in 2002.

What an amazing and inspiring person with characteristics that people aspire to have.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  9. Circa Vintage

Circa Vintage Trade Member

Ack. I almost suggested BB but didn't think he met the criteria. Thank you for sharing his story.

Furwise likes this.