1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Getting Dressed" videos...14th century thru 1969

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by The Vintage Vendeuse, May 17, 2020.

1. Popping in to share a link to a series of "Getting Dressed" videos from CrowsEyeProductions. (I did a quick search here and don't see them previously mentioned.) They span from the 14th century all the way through 1969 and are very well done. I enjoyed them immensely.
    I'm being kept busy at the hospital so I don't have much time to indulge my vintage passions right now. I did manage an 18 day break when I contracted the virus myself, LOL. Luckily, it was a mild case and I'm back to work.
    I hope everyone is well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx0IRLJNwjho-6Pkv8hR0yiFIEe_HmG_j

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Donna, sorry to hear you were hit with the virus, thankfully a mild case. Do take care! Thanks for sharing the videos.

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  3. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Hi Donna -- It's great seeing you, but am sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope that you're feeling better now and will be back to 'vintage' as time allows.

It's going to be fun watching each of the 'getting dressed' series over the decades.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Fascinating! Thank you for posting. These videos raise so many questions - status, laundering(?), who made the garments and where, closets?, chests for storage, hygiene and so much more.
    Marian

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Donna,

Thank you for sharing this. Sorry you were sick and so glad to hear that you are fine now.

I didn't know you were in health care - what do you do?
    I'm are retired interior designer - still active on the Hawaii Opera Theatre Board (once we can met in person again.) We, here at the VFG are a really diverse group of people who share a love of vintage!

7. I am a Respiratory Therapist so I'm considered a front line healthcare worker. I set up and manage the ventilators that help patients breathe, I perform the CPR during "codes", I administer breathing medicines and oxygen, etc. I was caring exclusively for COVID-19 patients in the ICU when I became sick. I guess that's what happens when you have to use/handle the same N95 mask for 12 hours! (We get one per shift.)
    I've been an RT for 30 years and I likely have another 9 years to go before retirement. (Assuming my retirement accounts make it through the current economic mess...)
    For those of you in the UK, I know RTs don't exist there. Instead, respiratory is a nursing specialty. Over here in the US, it is it's own profession. I am not a nurse.

Vintagiality and Vinclothes like this.
  8. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Donna,

What an intense time for you! I'm so glad that you have recovered and hope that the number of COVID-19 patients in your hospital is decreasing and that your life is returning or will be returning to "normal"soon. My late husband had Parkinson's. He was hospitalized many times with breathing issues (including some ICU time) and treated by many RT's over the years. Thanks for answering my question.