1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gianni Vercase Tie??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ola, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ola

Ola Registered Guest

[​IMG] That is a tie. Maybe you can help me with this label, please. I'm not very good at it, but the one thought that appeared: Versace. Fake or no?
    Thanks

2. Ola

Ola Registered Guest

Hmm.. I see that my label is something different from those. But I would like to know if it's just a fake Versace or something different? How do you think?

3. Ola, to get an authentication, it's best to take your tie to an expert who can evaluate it - I'm afraid that a garment can not be authenticated via an online photograph.

The fact that the label is different to the other Versace labels is not encouraging though. You could also search online to see if you can find a similar label, but fakes are made in quantities so something else on the internet isn't necessarily meaningful.

4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

It actually reminds me a little of the Genny range labels. I will come back again if I find anything more concrete, have attached a picture of a Genny label. Your tie label looks like a cross between some of the earlier signature style Versace labels and the Genny ones.

Edit: Gianni Versace was creative director of Genny in 1973. I am now wondering if it is a Gianni Versace Tie from around the same period.

Genny Label
    genny-by-gianni-versace-brown-vintage-silk-shirt-skirt-suit.jpg

Versace signature style label
    (from the label resource here)
    _big_vintagefashion-new_30118.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018