1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigi Young Originals dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Dec 1, 2017.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I just found this lovely dress which I'm hoping to get an idea of how old it is. I googled the label and it all comes back 1950s. I don't know what the fabric is. It appears to be some kind of satin with embroidery all over it. Do I take a chance and hand wash it? Thanks!

IMG_5662.JPG IMG_5663.JPG IMG_5665.JPG IMG_5666.JPG IMG_5667.JPG IMG_5664.JPG

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Lovely piece. I think it's late 1950s-1960. I would get it dry cleaned as I fear it might get snug with the water hitting it.

acceber likes this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    acceber likes this.
  4. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you! I'll get it dry cleaned. I wonder how successful they will be with that yellowing embroidery. Does it matter if I secure the label first? I would hate to lose it and it's fraying all over.

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I would secure the label. Mention of it to the dry cleaner when you drop it off so they can secure it with whatever they use to secure things, a safety pin or whatever.

I believe the dress with POP with a cleaning. : )

acceber likes this.