1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rozezstuff

Rozezstuff Registered Guest

Hi, I purchased a coat today and would love to be able to date it if anyone can help please.
    The top label (photo attached) says Swiss Made. The one inside the at the bottom says 'Made in France'
    (I wanted to attach a photo but it was too big) and is the same linen one I have seen on many coats - with Style/Modele number 3735 hand written (with a line across the 7). Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Rozezstuff

Hi and thank you Nicole,
    I have amaged to attach a couple of photos!
    Roz

Attached Files:

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

4. I agree with Barbara. 1980s to early 1990s.

5. Rozezstuff

Thank you. Is there any reference online or records available to date the style number?
    I saw a similar coat to mine with what looks like the same hand writing on the label and it was number 3710 and mine is 3735. That is what made me think it was a similar age to mine and that one was dated from the 70's.

6. Roz, you could try contacting Givenchy and see if they have any information for you.

The numbers are for internal use only, and represent a coding system. They might include data about year, season, range, colour, etc but they vary from company to company. I've worked with several systems at different companies and they're designed to be impenetrable to outsiders.

7. Rozezstuff

Thanks Nicole. I have had lots of fun trying to research this coat - it's why I love buying second-hand. I'm sure I have easily made my money back in entertainment time! I'll just go with 80's or 90's and see if the internet ever throws up an exact match with more details - perhaps from an original owner. Thanks again for your help!