1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green dress. what type of fabric would this be?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

What fabric is this? It looks an awful lot like dyed burlap to me but my eye needs some finesse I suppose. I read in the fabric listing that burlap is rare for a dress to be made out of but this garment appears to be homemade as there are no labels. It also appears to be a shift maybe from the early 60s to mid 60s ? I want to list this but I don't really want to call it a burlap dress as it sounds sack-ish. It's actually a cool lil dress

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Nice dress, great color. Can you show a closer view of the fabric, so we can see the weave? It looks like hopsack, possibly linen hopsacking or a rayon pretending to be linen (which was a popular fabric in the 1960s). Can you give more details about the fabric such as weight, feel, etc?

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

Thank you ladies! I'll get a closer view of the fabric when I get back to my apt. It's really cool looking its unlined and maybe a little too heavy for the summer I was thinking a nice early fall dress or cool summer night :)