1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess & Help w/Sarah Coventry! It is Crazy!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by atticville, Aug 13, 2008.

1. atticville

atticville Alumni

I do believe this is 60's due to the Estate I Bought from. It's a double finger/nuckle ring. The "dome" TOPPER PULLES OUT , Could it be a tellephone nail saver?" It is signed SARAH COV. pAT pEN.
    Any Help ??:help:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Well that's odd.

Can't say I've ever seen anything like it!

3. avamac

avamac Alumni

Good lord....I've had a bazillion pieces of costume jewelry, but never this...

You might try to jewelry board at eBay. They are usually civil and helpful and have some serious experts posting.

4. Hi KK,

I sold SC in the early 70s, and agree with 60s dating, I know it was before me.

The ring is called "3rd Dimension".

I've found it good to use the name in the listing as alot of collectors go by name.

your ring is here:

http://www.amazingvintagejewelry.com/sarah_coventry_rings_pg_3.htm

I love this site as a reference for jewlery names/identification.

yvonne

5. atticville

atticville Alumni

Oh My Vintage Pretties!!!, thank you so very much! I didn't know bout the 3rd Demintion name or the site! I've bookmarked this fab site, but didn't get any info on the ring & it's use. Still wondering what the pull out Dome is for. Did I miss something?
    Confussed, KK

6. atticville

atticville Alumni

Good Lord Mary Alice, The last time I went on the Ebay Forums, I turned into an ugly mean ole' poop! They had shoulder chips like I have never seen! They Attacked me for a question, Oh, but fear not, I attacked right back(then signed out of that account!)!!!
    I Don't Like Meanies!!:USEGUN:

7. vertugarde

vertugarde Alumni

I'm probably suggesting the obvious here but it looks like there might have been interchangeable 'Domes.' I've never seen anything quite like this either.

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am reasonably sure the middle part is too big to have been used for a telephone dialer. The hole in the dial just accommodated a fingertip and that seems to be bigger -- and inflexible. All the telephone dialers I have are smooth balls and that use for your piece would have a tendency to disturb the stones over time.
    Lynne

9. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

interchangeable stones....that makes sense!

10. atticville

atticville Alumni

[​IMG]:scratchchin:
    Time hasn't bothered this Ring, nor the stones!:excited::excited:There has to be a purpous for the pull out dome that is smaller than the old telly diallers! Still Wondering....

11. atticville

atticville Alumni

Originally posted by vertugarde
    I'm probably suggesting the obvious here but it looks like there might have been interchangeable 'Domes.' I've never seen anything quite like this either.

This Is The Best Idea.. So does anyone have the interchangeble Domes for me??

12. bluebell

bluebell Registered Guest

Its a lovely item but I have no idea what it could be for:)