1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hat help please... :)thank you

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Whynotrockit, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Whynotrockit

Whynotrockit Registered Guest

Hello.
    Can anyone help me with this hat? I've tried to do a Google search and only turned up an actress named Hilde Hildebrand.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Are you in Canada? It might be Enid Hildebrand who was a designer in Toronto in the 40s-60s. I don't know if she did hats though.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Cute hat. I cannot recall ever seeing a hat with this label. sorry. The hat looks to be a 1950s style. The interior shows 4 short pieces of ribbon. These were probably there to give the hat some special shaping, and should somehow be sewn (or sometimes glued) to the hat. If you can sewn them back to the original spots inside the crown, it should reveal how the designer wanted the hat hat to appear.

4. Whynotrockit

Ha! I am way south of Canada BUT you never know. I got it at an estate sale so the person who owned could've very well gotten it in Canada. I'll check out that name. Thank you so much!

5. Whynotrockit

I think I have a few hats I can't seem to find anything on, lol. I was wondering about those ribbons thank you so much for letting me know about them. Thank you also for your time. :)