Hattie Carnegie Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Rachelbrae, May 4, 2018.

1. Rachelbrae

Rachelbrae Registered Guest

Good Evening from Rutledge, Georgia! I am the very proud owner of a Hattie Carnegie dress. Black , long sleeves and a black velvet and beaded "swish" from the neckline to the hem. Gorgeous! Anywho, I am unfamiliar with the label. It is sewn to a side seam inside the skirt, almost at the hem. It is a white background with dark blue stitching that reads, "Hattie Carnegie, The Fair, Fort Worth". I do not find this label in the resource page so I was wondering if there was anyone out there with information about where this dress may have come from? I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this search. Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
    Rachel Brae

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

Rachel, you wrote such a fabulous description of the dress, that now I'm dying to see it, lol.

I'm sure folks will want to see a pic of the dress and the label, so if you can, please post them here.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  3. The Vintage Vendeuse

The Vintage Vendeuse Trade Member

The Fair was a locally-owned small chain of department stores in Texas, including locations in Fort Worth. Higher end department stores often had their name put on the designer ready-to-wear label. I've had several dresses by the designer Irene which also had Bullocks Wilshire on the label.

[​IMG]

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.