1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have an extra $100-200K lying around?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 26, 2004.

1. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Sooooo......want to add something just mah-velous to your vintage collection. For a mere opening bid of $100,000.00....you could find yourself the owner of......

Audrey Hepburn's

Browse through...some interesting items.

2. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is one of my FAVORITE movie dresses, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darn, why can't be rich????? Should I buy a lotto ticket tonight?

If I can't own it, I hope a museum buys it so that at least it everyone will be able to see it instead of it going into a private collection.

Lei

3. cherry-pie-and-roses

I'm wondering just who this is that they have such a variation of items. Cover for one of the bigger auction houses? Debbie Reynolds selling off some stuff so she has more $$$ for her building fund? If not the Deb, maybe she will buy it.

My mind is rambling.:P

Brenda

4. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

before I place my bid could someone explain to me the buyers premium,just so I don't make any mistakes.;)

5. cherry-pie-and-roses

Oh, you get to pay <b>extra</b>! Your bid is not your complete bill....usually 10% up to 20% additional fee for auction company. I refuse to go to auctions with a buyer's premium (or fee).

6. cherry-pie-and-roses

But if you have $200,000.00 for a bid, you probably don't mind dropping an extra 40thou for the auctioneer, do ya?

7. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Oh no thats just a drop in the bucket! ;)

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Hey, if I won 27 million in some lottery I would buy it... YOu get this dress and the green velvet Gone with the Wind dress, a pair of ruby slippers... and a few other pieces and you got yourself the best Hollywood costume museum going!

9. cherry-pie-and-roses

If I won the lottery, someone would have to give me a ticket. LOL The odds are just too great. I go somewhere safe with my money - Wall Street. :D:P:D:P:D:P

Just call me Martha (buy Honeywell).

10. As my dad likes to say:
    "Your odds of winning the lottery are only slightly better if you buy a ticket then if you don't."
    Ha.

Marie