1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen a handbag like this!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by crinolinegirl, Dec 3, 2008.

1. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

I love it! Reminds me of the hot weather..

A 1950's seashell and seahorse handbag!
    [​IMG]

I couldn't believe it when I found it as these are SO HARD to find over here and it still has it's original Mil-Jac Miami label sewn inside!

Isn't it lovely? :)

Lei

2. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

It's beachy!

3. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Beachy!!!:beach:

4. joules

joules VFG Member

That's a really fun brand! Miraculous that it washed ashore over there. I love it!

5. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I love those purses and always take my "Princess Charming by Atlas" model on winter trips to Florida! Instant mental transport, even while you pack... :cool:

Mine has a seahorse like yours, but not nearly so many shells. I sold one a couple of years ago that had 3 butterflies with the wings made out of clamshell pairs!

Yours is a new label for me. Hope you'll get to use it before the summer!

7. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Great purses! more, more...

8. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

Of course mine's not as fancy but still a Princess Charming

[​IMG]

9. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I want that to take to the beach! :) :beach:

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

11. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Oh WOW!!! Even more nice bags!!!

Yup, I was surprised to find my one too- I'd only ever seen similar ones on US sites but never in the UK.

Lei

12. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

Princess Charming by Atlas - Hollywood California Lucite and Vinyl Wicker Shell Handbag
    [​IMG]

-Chris

13. sassybydesign

sassybydesign Alumni

So Adorable!

14. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

Are you keeping it Lei??? you jammy thing you!

15. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Well, I just KNEW I wasn't losing my mind! The family & I went to the antique co-op yesterday for the afternoon, and, thinking I was remembering seeing a wicker bag with seashells and things on it on the boards here (but not remembering for sure!), I grabbed the coolest Princess Charming by Atlas white plastic-coated one with swirled lucite trim! Literally as we were getting checked out, ready to head home. It was weird, becuase as the lady was writing us up, I realized I had forgotten to look on the other side of the anteroom as you walk in. So I left hubby in charge of staying at the counter while I quickly dashed over there, immediately spied this bag on a shelf, and grabbed it. Really odd--it was as if the vintage fairies were calling to me.... And also because I had seen one similar on my trip through the co-op, but it was smaller, in not very good shape, and priced quite a bit higher--too high, which is why I hadn't bothered with it. I probably wouldn't have known these were that popular without reading this thread.... I'd already bought myself a vintage bag just "for me" there, so this one I will sell. But I'm tempted to keep it. LOL!

Must post photos later on today....

16. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Here's my Princess Charming by Atlas, with lucite trim, clasp, and double handle:

[​IMG]

Bought it for resale, but maybe I'll take it to the beach with us in June, then list it. LOL!

17. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

I havent one of these in my collection...but have to go with one l like and so far l like daisies one.its fun...not keen on the shells.