1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help date this dress. 40s? 50s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MsMaisy, Mar 2, 2021.

1. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I must say you have accessorized that perfectly. I see 1950s, and beautiful.

3. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

Curious about other people’s options on this. It’s beautiful but no tags at all. No signs of threads where tags have been cut out either. If it was homemade, someone did an amazing job! Lots of tulle underneath with a very pale lilac , boned bodice etc. sheer overlay with flocked design. Fits my daughter! We love it but would like to hear some other thoughts on it.

4. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

Thank you! My daughter goes to a women’s college that was still trying to have some virtual fun by recreating their historic “May Queen” theme for May Day last year. We decided on our own spontaneous photo shoot in the basement! Hahaha
    LOVE this dress!

5. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

1924DAC9-09CD-4564-8394-5E61557839B7.jpeg 0D37FAD2-9EBB-4A8D-8FA6-A664B5C7F03A.jpeg 38E93741-926B-4869-BD11-43A66EBA96B4.jpeg I’ll try again! Thank you!

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I agree with '50s - and it's lovely. Does it have a zipper - and is it metal? To be really sure about the date, we'd have to see some of the interior construction - but it looks like '50s to me.

7. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

Yes, a metal one. I think 50s too. I’ll try to get some inside photos.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member