1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating a Chloe 2-piece

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by juliea, Apr 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. juliea

juliea Registered Guest

Hi! I’m new to vintage clothing but found this 2-piece yesterday and loved the design and material. Was wondering if anyone knew what time period this Chloe might be. It’s a silk top with neck tie and the skirt has pleats and pockets. Thanks so much!!

(Sorry, I posted this to the wrong forum before.)

Attached Files:

wyogems likes this.
  2. I have deleted the other thread for you ;-)

Lovely set. Always a bonus finding Chloe. I'm seeing late 70s. Any shoulder pads?

Look forward to what others think.

3. juliea

juliea Registered Guest

Thanks so much Deborah! Just checked and no shoulder pads.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Joseph Magnin closed in 1984, so it has to date before then... I would have thought about 1979-1980, but its hard to tell without seeing it mounted on a dress form, and knowing the length of the skirt.

wyogems likes this.
  5. juliea

juliea Registered Guest

Hi Jonathan and thank you so much for your insight! I don’t own a dress form but took a picture of the ensemble together and measured the skirt to be 32”. Thanks again!

Attached Files:

6. Attirelyvintage

Attirelyvintage Registered Guest

Hello,

I found this article: https://artsandculture.google.com/exhibit/XwKCmBlqWeyiJg
    It is about Karl Lagerfeld's last collection for Chloe in 1984. The color is similar to what is shown in the collection as colors changed each year but tones maybe similar in the next or previous year. It seems to be whimsical so the tiny heart print crinkle crepe fabric and pleated skirt fits. And as mentioned above the dept. Store Joseph Magnin closed in 1984.

juliea and wyogems like this.
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

With that long hemline and no shoulder pads, c. 1979 looks right to me.
    rexfeatures_794253cv.jpg 61d894928e7591cc33a49c8782fb8170.jpg ab8f1d52a4ea2167ff1b281d30b39e71.jpg

juliea, GemGem, wyogems and 1 other person like this.
  8. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Wow, seeing the pieces together makes such a difference! I was thinking early 80s with the photos of the pieces separate but looking at them together completely see the late 70s. Fab!

9. juliea

juliea Registered Guest

Thank you all for the responses! So helpful and my husband said maybe I like the outfit so much since it's about my age! =)