1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating Alfred Shaheen Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by eristhecat, Feb 25, 2018.

1. eristhecat

eristhecat Registered Guest

I've been researching this piece for quite some time now, which has always lead me to a dead end, unfortunately. Having trouble finding a single one with the same print or style -- almost feels like it doesn't exist, to be honest! Has anyone come across this print and/or style before that can help me? Much thanks!

Edit: I should also add that there is no signature on the fabric, as I've seen on others. I know that they also sold patterns, fabrics, and labels for DIY. It also does look handmade. I have seen a swimsuit w/the same colors and similar print, but still different. So I'm definitely considering the possibility that this is a homemade dress using fabric that is not Alfred Shaheen. Any input would be very helpful, thanks!

Screenshot_20180225-215549.jpg Screenshot_20180225-215621.jpg 20180225_215739.jpg Screenshot_20180225-215813.jpg Screenshot_20180225-215906.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Sweet dress! I know they sold patterns and fabrics too, though I don't know a lot more abou Shaheen. Since the label itself says "stores" below the name, that would to me point to a commercially made garment though. The colors look 70s to me. I hope someone who knows more about Shaheen than me will comment as well.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks '70's to me, too, and the label does match the one in the LR.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

As we used to call those colors in the old 1990s vintage collecting days........"peas and carrots! Very 1970s!

Dear Lord, did I just refer to the 1990s as OLD?????

Nancylou likes this.