1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Feb 12, 2018.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Hello! I just picked this up at a vintage shop. It had a tag saying "Victorian blouse." I don't think it's Victorian at all, but I will leave it to you experts to decide. =)

Not sure what the material is. It's machine made. Plastic buttons. The lacy trim reminds me of my 1920s dress, which was the main reason I bought it. There are no labels anywhere and no sign of one ever being on it. Thanks for your help!
    IMG_8094.JPG IMG_8101.JPG IMG_8095.JPG IMG_8096.JPG IMG_8097.JPG IMG_8098.JPG IMG_8099.JPG IMG_8100.JPG

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I see 50s, nylon, and adorable! These always do well for me.

3. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you very much! I tried it on and immediately thought 1950s due to the way it fits and those dolman sleeves. So cute! Glad I didn't pass it up!

4. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Does it look like it has lucite buttons?

IMG_8120.JPG IMG_8121.JPG

5. dorkbait

dorkbait Registered Guest

Seconding 50s, I've seen a lot of these sweet little nylon blouses and this one is particularly lovely. The buttons do look like lucite.

6. Agree with the others. Lucite yes, but lucite is just plastic. It's just a nicer name for it.

7. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you!