1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating Burlesque Bra

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Teisha, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Hello,

I need help dating this bra, as well as the label.

Thanks,

Teisha

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Darling Body Fashions Ltd. was in business from September 1985 to July 2002.

3. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Thank you for your response,

How are you sure that this is that same company? I do not see 'Body Fashions' included on this tag.

4. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

I am also wondering if anyone knows more about this type of tag, and when this piece could be exactly from

Thanks!

GemGem likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Manufacturers often use their company name as a brand line, Darling Body Fashions Ltd. specialized in lingerie, and for two Toronto companies to produce lingerie with a 'Darling' brand line or Darling in their company name at the same time would be completely bizarre. I'm not sure what you mean about that 'type' of tag - The red triangle behind the 'D' looks like a very 80s Memphis-style graphics inspiration, otherwise it looks like a typical manufacturing tag from the period. If I had to guess I would have said late 1980s. There was a boom in girlie 'sexy' lingerie at the time (feathers and lace) and this could have been made for a fashion show or more likey a 'stag' or 'love' shop. If it were 90s I would expect it to be more likely black, and more constructed with snap give-aways or something more harder-edged striptease-like. This has that 80s type of lightweight bra construction before infra-apparel goes mainstream in the 90s courtesy of Madonna and Jean-Paul Gaultier's influence.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Teisha, GemGem and lkranieri like this.
  6. I agree,80s. I have a bra and bikini set for sale and the shape of the bra is the same.
    A typical small bra from the 80s over embellished.

vintage 1980s nylon blue bra,carnival brand,unworn,34A.jpg

Teisha likes this.
  7. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Johnathan,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and very interesting response!

Teisha