1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Diane von Furstenberg Career (?) dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LaurenMG, Jul 2, 2022.

1. LaurenMG

LaurenMG Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Wondering if this is 80s or 90s or later? Also, would you call this a 'career' or tunic or what?
    Thanks for any help
    Lauren

Attached Files:

Nostalgia likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

'Made in China' silk shirts, blouses and dresses were HUGELY popular c. 1990-92ish. I bought several at the time, all in jewel tones, and they were the worst to keep up because even if you washed them in icy cold water, the colour ran and there was no way I was going to dryclean a silk shirt everytime I wore it.

3. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Registered Guest

I remember those days,...I thought I was "fancy" wearing my jewel-toned shirts, until they looked like a dull dish rag after the first wash. I did manage to 'revive' a black 90s Escada silk blouse that I thrifted, thanks to the info in this forum (Denisebrain, I think)

Jonathan likes this.
  4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

The belt needs to be pulled through the channel, to make a waistline and to give it a shirtwaist style.