1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Dolce&Gabbana corset top

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Kenulyte, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Kenulyte

Kenulyte Registered Guest

Hi, so I have this Dolce & Gabbana crystal embroided corset top and I am not sure about the year. I assume it's somewhere between 1990s to 1992 but would be great to know exact collection. Thanks!

Attached Files:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Cute top, at first glance I'd say 90s - early 00's but that label is not much to go by. Are there any other labels?

Edit: If you are sure it's between those years have a look at Vogue catwalk collections by designer. I think they have some of the Dolce & Gabbana catwalk collections for the 90s.

3. Kenulyte

Thanks :) well it doesnt have hologram so it should be around 90s I've looked at vogue and the earliest one is 1993 :(

GemGem likes this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Is there any other labels at all? Could you upload a pic of the other label/s? There was a real move into ethnic and grungy looks early/mid 90s that this piece would fit with.

5. Kenulyte

Yeah, there is one, I've updated the original post photos, thanks :)

6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Ok, makes more sense for the earlier dating now :), is there anything on the reverse of the fabric content label?

It does fit with the 1991 catwalk collection, see photo of Dear Linda ;)

Linda Evangelista catwalk Dolce Gabbana 1991.jpg

7. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

I have a very similar one by dkny

8. Kenulyte

It definitely looks very similair, and Linda looks gorgeous thanks for the help!