1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Dating green corduroy dress By Russ Waterman

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, Jul 28, 2017.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

I'm at a loss here. Having learned from Nicole I need to check hemlines, I'm fairly sure this has been shortened...the hem is sewn nicely but looks like it was hand basted...not a pro job. .Any thoughts?
    Lauren greenlab.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks 1950's to me! A very quick Google search brings up a few other 1950's Russ Waterman dresses. The princess lines, color and fabric all say 1950's to me!

3. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Sorry about that....I was using a different search engine that just popped up a few random dresses that ranged in age and I cdnt find anything else. Don't know why I didn't see that...brain gap. Need to be directly into Google.....sorry to waste time!

4. Agreed. 1950s. My guess is that it was shortened in the '80s. Definitely too short for '50s.

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Definitely too short for the '50's but it could have been shortened in the '60's when skirt lengths rose and rose and rose!!!