1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Kenzo dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Luca_Balzarini, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Luca_Balzarini

Luca_Balzarini Registered Guest

Hello,
    I've just purchased a vintage Kenzo dress but I'm really struggling with the dating process.
    Pattern is similar to some knitwear presented at Kenzo fw 1984 fashion show (see pictures attached), but the font label look more late 70's?

I have several 80’s items by Kenzo and the label doesn’t match, maybe it was done during the transition part from Jungle Jap to Kenzo in the late 70’s? Because, from what I know, it doesn't even match the 70's font.

Funny thing, a screenshot from Kenzo fw 84 YouTube video show the brand in a very similar font.

Any help would be super appreciated :)

Thank you!!

Luca

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Hi - that’s interesting! I’m with you on the font and label type, it does look pre 84 rather than later?
    Hopefully someone better versed in Kenzo will step in.

I notice this one isn’t in the VFG label resource so am sure they’d love to use it, once dated!

3. Luca_Balzarini

Hi Harriet,
    yes - the label definitely looks older than 84, I wouldn't say later than mid 80's max.

I've found another item with the same label (attached pictures), but no dating mentioned.
    https://www.carousell.ph/p/vintage-kenzo-paris-shirt-1130768592/

But yes this label definitely exist, so fingers crossed someone will be able to solve this mystery :)

4. Luca_Balzarini

After some extensive researches, I've finally found a Kenzo late 70's adv with the label font of the dress in question.

It's full of items online with the same label, so perhaps they can now add the label to VFG label resource :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    theopshoproc and Midge like this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Luca_Balzarini

Done, thank you! ;)