1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating New Max jeans

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 196t's, Feb 4, 2021.

1. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Hello, folks!

It's been a while since I last posted here. How I've missed the forums!
    So, I bought these jeans off the web and I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to dating them. They were made by New Max, which was first registered on April 18th, 1972. The fabric is 78% polyester and 22% cotton, which led me to believe they were from the 1970s, but the straight leg threw me off. I mean, I do realize that not all jeans made in the '70s are bell bottoms, but I was thinking maybe this is something from the early '80s? I'm unsure.
    They also have these “jewel” details in the back, which I wouldn't know how to name.
    Does anyone have an idea of when these could have been made? Thanks a lot :)

IMG_1847.jpg IMG_1848.jpg IMG_1851.jpg IMG_1849.JPG IMG_1852.JPG IMG_1850.JPG

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see you!

My guess would be early 80s too with that ultra-straight shape, or maybe just on the 70s/80s cusp. A style I personally like!

196t's and carla rey like this.
  3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

The back embellishments remind me of USA Western wear collar tips. Never seen something like that on the back of jeans though.

[​IMG]

MagsRags, Vinclothes and 196t's like this.
  4. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Late 70s early 80s.

196t's and Midge like this.
  5. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

You and me both! :D

Midge likes this.
  6. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Good thinking! Now I can see these jeans have a "Western touch".

Retro Ruth likes this.
  7. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest