1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating purse by John Hort....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, May 14, 2012.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hi there,
    The label on this purse has a picture of Toronto City Hall which was built in the early 1960s....other than that does the purse give any clues as to it's age?
    Thanks alot,
    Lauren

Attached Files:

2. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

oops, clicked the wrong button...here are the rest of the photos.

Attached Files:

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

Oh fun! I actually have this same bag, and have owned it since the early 1970's when I picked it up at a NJ flea market. Mine is a dark brown, thick yet soft suede leather, with the exact same tassel, chain handle and frame. Mine has had the tag removed before I bought it, so now perhaps I can identify it. I always thought it looked mid 1960s romantic revival to me.

5. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

That's so cool Barb. I love the two length adjustable chain/strap design of this one.
    This one is a strange material. It doesn't really show up in the photos, but it is a very light, very fine grained synthetic of some sort and there is a some sort of foam padding underneath. Not sure what to call it. I love the label too...very reserved, very 'modern' Toronto of that era.