1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating shoes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintagiality, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I think these shoes are from the 50s but want to get a second opinion. Also, I am having a hard time figuring what size they are. They are tiny and quite narrow. I measured them from the inside from tip to heel and they were 9” but checking online size charts, it suggests they are a size 6. I know that’s not true because I am a size 6 and I can’t even remotely put them on although that may have to do with the width. Any thoughts on how to confirm size? The last photo shows some very faint marking of some sort but I can't read it.

Thank you
    Victoria
    IMG_1226.JPG IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1228.JPG IMG_1229.JPG IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1231.JPG IMG_1232.JPG IMG_1233.JPG IMG_1234.JPG IMG_1235.JPG IMG_1236.JPG IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1238.JPG

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

They look like they could be very late 50s. It's very difficult to determine size of a shoe from measuring. Obviously the extended, pointed toe will throw off an accurate measurement as well. However, 9 inches is about an American size 4.

Vintagiality likes this.
  3. Vintagiality

Thank you Jonathan!

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I agree with that dating. The online charts are generally for round toed footwear so you have to visually cut off the measurement where you reasonably think a person's foot would stop. I was going to say I think the marking inside says 40M

Vintagiality likes this.
  5. Vintagiality

Thank you Melanie! I think you may be right. Maybe it’s size 4 and then the rest may be width or something like that. Is anyone familiar with this brand?