1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating this mysterious dress!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by lostindetailsvintage, Mar 23, 2023.

1. lostindetailsvintage

lostindetailsvintage Registered Guest

Hello everyone!:) I picked up this beautiful vintage dress recently but the print is slightly irritating me in terms of dating it. It has kimono sleeves, a bias cut, pieced together skirt, the bodice is shirred in the back and it closes with a hook and eye on the left side and has three "Koh-i-Noor" snap buttons in the center front which are sewn onto a striped lining. The dress is hemed by hand and the raw edges on the inside were finished with a zigzag stitch. The fabric appers like a thin soft cotton but stiffens up a little when washed. It had some small holes (already repaired) which reminded me of moth damage, but I'm not sure on that one. I looking forward to hear your thoughts! -Claudia

FUJI2078.JPG FUJI2079.JPG FUJI2080.JPG FUJI2082.JPG FUJI2087.JPG FUJI2090.JPG FUJI2088.JPG

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Without handling it to be sure, it looks c. late WWII or just postwar.