1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating Unique Vintage Beaded Blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Gabriella Patti, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Gabriella Patti

Gabriella Patti Registered Guest

Hello All,

I recently purchased this blazer from Goodwill with tiered layer sleeves and glass beading. I am pretty certain it is an antique based on the shape, style, fabric, and beading, but I want to be more precise about dating it, which is where you all come in!

If you are familiar with the style and can more accurately date it, please let me know.

Some more info: the lining is pure silk, and it looks like it had some sort of tag inside that was cut out. Fabric button front with some hidden metal hook closures as well. IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1912.JPG IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1920.JPG IMG_1930.JPG

2. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

It looks 1940's to me. Perhaps lthe top half of a suit.
    Marian

3. Gabriella Patti

Thank you! Now starts the research to try to and find an old image or pattern that looks similar :)

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

What a lovely goodwill find, lucky you! I agree with Marian.
    I have never seen anything styled quite like this one.

5. Gabriella Patti

Do you have a recommendation for what keywords to use while researching? I've tried "tiered" and "tiered bell sleeves."

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

My first reaction was this is late 1940s, that '48 ish Victorian (Bustle Era) revival style. And yes, not a blazer but a suit jacket. It is gorgeous.